Creative & Cost Effective Solutions
At Plastics Design & Manufacturing we have an extensive line of computer controlled thermoforming equipment that provides the highest accuracy, process control, and capacity.
We support your turnkey needs through:
- Extensive Forming
- Finishing Capabilities
We utilize single station capabilities for prototyping and low volumes, as well as multi-station rotaries to achieve efficiencies in high production plastics manufacturing.
Our 15 forming stations range in size from 4’ x 5’ to 5’ x 9’.
We also provide product design and manufacturing engineering assistance and are AS9100:2016 – 1SO 9001:2015 Certified.
Common Plastic Vacuum Forming Materials
- ABS | A common material available in several colors, textures and flame retardant grades
- PC | A good impact material with a resistance to high temperatures
- HDPE | An inexpensive material that is resistant to chemical and cold temperatures
- TPO | A material that is durable and impact-resistant & UV stable
- HIPS | An inexpensive material available in many colors and simple to mold
- PVC | A strong, impact-resistant material available in flame retardant, as well as a range of colors and textures
Vacuum Forming Plastic | The Basic Process
Vacuum forming plastic is a multi-step process:
It has been great to draw on PDM’s long experience with vacuum forming while developing new cover panels for our medical equipment. The covers and the product have turned out great.
Director of Engineering
Plastics Design & Manufacturing has been our partner for more than 30 years. Their attention to detail, culture of continuous improvement (including recent AS9100D certification and understanding of cost pressure) makes us wish we had more suppliers like them.
I truly wish more suppliers were as accommodating or as easy to work with as the Plastics Design & Manufacturing team.
Materials Logistic Manager