Initial guideline unless otherwise specified
Standard Molded Tolerances:
- +/- .030 inch up to 12.00 inch plus an additional +/- .001 for each inch thereafter.
Standard machined tolerances:
- From tool surface feature to machine surface; +/- .015 inch up to 12 inch
Plus and additional +/- .0005 inch for each inch thereafter.
- From machined surface to machined surface +/- .010inch up to 12.00 inch
Plus an additional +/- .0005 inch for each inch thereafter.
Close Tolerance Dimensions:
- +/- .010 may be achieved with upgraded tooling and fixtures
Finished material thickness after forming will vary depending on part design and material type.
CAD Data/File Transfer:
When e-mailing a large file or group of files, please use zip compression readable by winzip or pkzip.
Software used (available import filters):
- Solidworks – slddrw, sldprt, sldasm
- Adobe acrobat – pdf
- Iges, parasolids, step
Plastics design & manufacturing has the ability to NC cut tooling and parts directly from cad files. However, for inspection and liability reasons we request a complete engineering print to accompany all purchase orders.
If possible, please include the following information with your quote/order:
- Company name
- Part name
- Part number revision level
- Buyer name and phone number
- Technical/engineering contact and phone number
- Engineering e-mail address